IT and Business Consulting
As today’s target-oriented businesses require technological solutions for supporting the independent/interactive activities/processes and progressing the results towards summit of the decision making process for formal performance evaluation, the applications are complex. This complexity creates a greater demand on enterprise-wide solutions having built-in security and control measures, flexibility, scalability and expandability. Enabling the clients to define their respective business strategy (based on short, mid and long term business visions) and linked IT strategy, identify, procure and implement the platforms and tools required for achieving the strategy through high level project management methodology.
nPoint Consulting takes pride in claiming that itself as a 'Persuasive Force' for enabling businesses through appropriate utilization of technologies and its resources possess the intellectual and technical skills in the cutting-age technology and process re-engineering methodologies. nPoint Consulting provide the following services to its clients under the IT and Business Consulting domain:
- Business Consulting
- Management Perspective
- Technology (Automated) Perspective (based on business enabling services)
- Techno-business Perspective
- Business Systems Study for needs identification
- Business Systems Workshops aiming at confirmation of the needs and their prioritization
- Formulation of agreed IT Strategy linked with Business Strategy
- Implementation of defined IT Strategy
- Process Re-engineering
- Project Management
- Customization, implementation and maintenance of packaged (pre-developed) solution
IT and IS Governance
nPoint provides IT and Information Security Governance implementation consulting services to its clients. nPoint consultants are experienced in IT and Information Security Governance Framework, Standards and methodologies, and they took hand-holding approach to implement IT and Information Security governance in the organization.
IT Governance is a subset of Enterprise Governance focused on information related technology (IT) systems, their performance and risk management. IT Governance is the responsibility of the Board of Director. The improvement of the governance of enterprise IT is widely recognized by top management as an essential part of Enterprise Governance. The significance of information and the pervasiveness of information related technology (IT) are increasingly part of every aspect of business and public life, the need to drive more value from IT investments and manage an increasing array of IT-related risk has never been greater. Increasing regulation is also driving heightened awareness amongst boards of directors regarding the importance of a well-controlled IT environment and the need to comply with legal, regulatory and contractual obligations.
nPoint consultants play a vital role by engaging all the stakeholders of IT governance for a successful implementation of the IT Governance in the organization. Successful implementation of the IT and IS Governance creates the following values in the Organization:
- Establish informed and committed leadership
- Ensure alignment and integration of business and IT strategies with key business goals
- Define the value governance framework
- Assess the quality and coverage of current processes
- Identify and prioritize process requirements
- Define and document the processes
- Establish, implement and communicate roles, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Establish organizational structures
- Define portfolio characteristics
- Align and integrate value management with enterprise financial planning
- Establish effective governance monitoring
- Continuously improve value management practices
The IT Governance Institute (ITGI) defines governance as “the set of responsibilities and practices exercised by the board and executive management with the goal of providing strategic direction, ensuring that objectives are achieved, ascertaining that risks are managed appropriately and verifying that the enterprise's resources are used responsibly." This entails “structure through which the objectives of the enterprise are set, and the means of attaining those objectives and monitoring performance are determined," Structure and means will include strategy, policies and their corresponding standards, procedures and guidelines, strategic and operational plans; awareness and training; risk management; controls; and audits and other assurance activities.
Information security addresses the universe of risks, benefits and processes involved with information.
Information security and IT governance are the responsibility of the board of directors and executive management. It must be an integral and transparent part of enterprise governance. It consists of the leadership, organizational structures and processes that safeguard information.
Finally, because new information technology provides the potential for dramatically enhanced business performance, effective information security can add significant value to the organization by reducing losses from security-related events and providing assurance that security incidents and breaches are not catastrophic.
nPoint Consulting ensures the following basic outcomes of effective Information Security governance
- Strategic alignment - Aligning information security with business strategy to support organizational objectives.
- Risk management - Executing appropriate measures to mitigate risks and reduce potential impacts on information resources to an acceptable level.
- Value delivery - Optimizing security investments in support of business objectives.
- Resource management - Using information security knowledge and infrastructure efficiently and effectively to:
- Ensure that knowledge is captured and available.
- Document security processes and practices.
- Develop security architecture(s) to define and utilize infrastructure resources efficiently.
- Performance measurement - Monitoring and reporting on information security processes to ensure that objectives are achieved.
- Integration - Integrating all relevant assurance factors to ensure that processes operate as intended from end to end.
nPoint Consulting offers to take the headache away from its clients in respect of infrastructure maintenance. Starting from the hardware and network maintenance to total environment monitoring, management and maintenance and progressing towards providing Data Center/Application services are the directions being followed by the company.
nPoint Consulting vows to help ensure system configuration aimed at optimum performance, installation of operating systems and integration of multiple operating environments and post implementation environment maintenance.
- Consulting, designing, planning and implementation of WAN, LAN, Internet & Data Communication Network Systems, System Architectures
- Remote Network Management
- Network Health Check
- Network Maintenance and support Services
Network (internal and external) is the nervous system of any dynamic organization and system architectures are the key to deployment of technology solutions. nPoint Consulting offers design and implementation of efficient networks and system architectures by deploying best-of-breed technologies.
As 24x7 availability becomes more of a visibility issue to customers and executive management, companies are looking at outsourcing, or out-tasking, the management of their IT systems and networks. Pressure on IT for high availability and optimal performance has increased substantially due to e-business requirements. nPoint Consulting offers proactive one-stop services to satisfy clients' outsourcing and networking needs. Proactive management can include anything from remote diagnosis of problems to automated correction (remote online fixes or dispatching someone onsite) to trending analysis and preventing actions.
Outsourcing and Application Services provided by nPoint Consulting:
- Application system design based on the business need
- Systems Component Maintenance Services
- Total Facilities Management
- Application Maintenance Services
- Professional Manpower Services
- Helpdesks and Desktop Support
Information Security (IS) and Risk Management
Hacked By LuXas
nPoint provides Risk Management consulting services to organizations who want to control Ã¢â‚¬Å“riskÃ¢â‚¬Â in acceptable level. In todayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s business world, organizations of all types and sizes face internal and external factors and influences that make it uncertain whether and when they will achieve their objectives. nPointÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s qualified risk management professionals help the organization to assess the organizational risk which might have impact on achieving the strategic and business goals of the organization.
All activities of an organization involve risk. nPointÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s risk professionals help the organizations to manage risk by identifying it, analyzing it and then evaluating whether the risk should be modified by risk treatment process in order to satisfy their risk criteria. Throughout this process, they communicate and consult with stakeholders, monitor and review the risk controls that are modifying the risk in order to ensure that no further risk treatment is required.
nPoint uses international standards and best practices for Risk Management to develop, implement and establish a framework whose purpose is to integrate the process for managing risk into the organization\'s overall governance, strategy and planning, management, reporting processes, policies, values and culture.
Risk Management can be applied to an entire organization, at its many areas and levels, at any time, as well as to specific functions, projects and activities. NPOINT helps the organization to define risk management scope based on the organizational need.
Business Continuity Planning
Business Continuity Management is defined as a holistic management process that identifies potential impacts that threaten an organization and provides a framework for building resilience with the capability for an effective response that safeguards the interests of its key stakeholders, reputation and value creating activities.
The primary objective of Business Continuity Management is to allow the organizations to continue to manage business operations under adverse conditions, by the introduction of appropriate resilience strategies, recovery objectives, business continuity, operational risk management considerations and crisis management plans.
nPoint Consulting specializes in:
- Processes for Program Initiation and Management
- Risk Evaluation and Identification of Control Mechanisms and Processes
- Business Impact Analysis
- Development of Business Continuity Strategies
- Processes for Emergency Response and Operations
- Development of Business Continuity (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP)
- Awareness and Training Programs
- Business Continuity Plan Exercise, Audit and Maintenance
- Crisis Communications
Project Portfolio Management
nPoint Consulting takes full Responsibility and Accountability of the entire implementation process starting from 'Near' Zero all the way to 'Live' State being in strong partnership with Solution Provider, in-house Management & Resources and the Implementation Partners as per defined and agreed Milestones and Time Scales.
Planning and implementation of best of breed e-Business, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems for customers in various industries with particular expertise in:
- Core Banking
- Payment (Credit/Debit) Cards Management Solutions
- Project Management services for small, medium and large organization
- IT Infrastructure Project Management
- IT System Development Project Management
Based on the results emanating out of Business Consulting leading to definition of IT strategy and high-end solutions nPoint Consultingassists clients in selecting and implementing integrated applications in varieties of organization irrespective of businesses.
PCI DSS implementation
Any entity of any size who accept payment cards, store, process, and/or transmit cardholder data is under Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance requirements. The standard includes 12 requirements and these requirements specify the framework for a secure payments environment; for purposes of PCI compliance, their essence is three steps: Assess, Remediate and Report.
nPoint's through its PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) certified professionals help its clients to achieve the PCI DSS compliance by following the three steps processes. In Assessment Phase, Client has to take the inventory of IT assets and business processes for payment card processing and analyze them for vulnerabilities that could expose cardholder data. In Remediation Phase, Client has to start the process of fixing those vulnerabilities. In Reporting Phase, Client has to compile all the records required by PCI DSS to validate remediation and submitting compliance reports to the acquiring bank and global payment brands Clients do business with. Carrying out these three steps is an ongoing process for continuous compliance with the PCI DSS requirements. These steps also enable vigilant assurance of payment card data safety.
PCI Data Security Standard Requirements
PCI DSS is the global data security standard that any business of any size must adhere to in order to accept payment cards, and to store, process, and/or transmit cardholder data. It presents common-sense steps that mirror best security practices.
Step 1 - Assessment
The primary goal of assessment is to identify all technology and process vulnerabilities that pose risks to the security of cardholder data that is transmitted, processed or stored by your business. Identify IT infrastructure and processes that access the payment account infrastructure. Determine how cardholder data flows from beginning to end of the transaction process - including PCs and laptops that access critical systems, storage mechanisms for paper receipts, etc. Check the versions of personal identification number (PIN) entry terminals and software applications used for payment card transactions and processing to ensure they have passed PCI compliance validation.
Note: Client's liability for PCI compliance also extends to third parties involved with the Client process flow, so client must also confirm that they are compliant. Comprehensive assessment is a vital part of understanding what elements may be vulnerable to security exploits and where to direct remediation.
Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ). The SAQ is a validation tool for merchants and service providers who are not required to do on-site assessments for PCI DSS compliance.
Step 2 - Remediation
Remediation is the process of fixing vulnerabilities - including technical flaws in software code or unsafe practices in how an organization processes or stores cardholder data. Steps include:
- Scanning your network with software tools that analyze infrastructure and spot known vulnerabilities
- Review and remediation of vulnerabilities found in on-site assessment (if applicable) or through the Self-Assessment Questionnaire process
- Classifying and ranking the vulnerabilities to help prioritize the order of remediation, from most serious to least serious
- Applying patches, fixes, workarounds, and changes to unsafe processes and workflow
- Re-scanning to verify that remediation actually occurred
Step 3 - Reporting
Regular reports are required for PCI compliance; these are submitted to the acquiring bank and global payment brands that Client do business with. The PCI SSC is not responsible for PCI compliance. All merchants and processors must submit a quarterly scan report, which must be completed by a PCI SSC-approved ASV. nPoint offers complete package which includes PCI SSC approved ASV and QSA services to make the client PCI DSS compliant.
ISO 27001 implementation and certification
Hacked By LuXas